Posts for tag: heart health
You have episodes of lightheadedness, dizziness shortness of breath, and fatigue. Your EKG (electrocardiogram) shows a slight irregularity, and your primary care physician is concerned. Could a cardiologist, or heart specialist, help you sort through these symptoms? At Cardiology Associates in Morristown, NJ, Dr. Mark Blum, Dr. John Edward, and Dr. Ira Freilich offer the best in heart health care. They excel in the diagnosis and medical/surgical treatment of all things related to your heart and its associated blood vessels, and you'll like their compassionate manner, too.
What does a cardiologist do?
Through physical examination, blood work, and state-of-the-art diagnostic testing, your cardiologist in Morristown maintains and improves the health of the organ that pumps life-giving, oxygenated blood throughout your body. Without proper heart function, your brain, lungs, kidneys, liver, and other bodily organs are not well-perfused, and daily functioning suffers, even to the point of disability and death.
The American Heart Association says that your heart doctor is on the front line of defense against:
- Coronary artery disease (build-up of plaque)
- Heart attack
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Arrhythmias (heart rhythm problems such as atrial fibrillation and tachycardia)
- Heart failure (when the heart muscle doesn't work efficiently)
- Valve deficiencies
- Angina (chest pain)
- Cardiomyopathy (stiffening or weakening of the heart muscle)
Through accurate treatment, education and rehabilitation, patients at Cardiology Associates in Morristown enjoy better quality and quantity of life.
Services offered at Cardiology Associates
- Comprehensive physical examination
- Risk assessment (for heart attack, stroke, and cardiovascular disease)
- Review of medical records, history, and medications
- EKGs to evaluate heart rhythm
- Angiography to examine blood flow to the heart muscle
- Angioplasty to open blocked arteries
- Installation of absorbable cardiac stents (to maintain patency of coronary arteries)
- Cardiac valve replacement using percutaneous techniques (through the skin)
- Stress tests to evaluate risk for stroke and heart attack
- Nuclear stress tests
- Management of hypertension and anti-hypertensive medications such as beta blockers and diuretics
- Lifestyle coaching (smoking cessation, exercise, stress management, and diet)
- Holter monitors for 24-hour monitoring of vital signs
- Echocardiograms for real-time visualization of heart function and structure
- Carotid ultrasound tests to evaluate blood flow through the great vessels in the neck
When you visit Cardiology Associates, you and your heart doctor will formulate a treatment plan based on precise diagnostic findings. Also, your care plan will address your desire for improved heart function and day to day quality of life.
At Cardiology Associates in Morristown, NJ, we're here to partner with you and your primary care physician in improving the well-being of that all-important organ--your heart. Call us today for an appointment, won't you? Phone (973) 889-9001.